donutland

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Asia Grande

Jas wanted me to spread the word ... so here I am again on another food review ...

Dinnered at Asia Grande Restaurant @ the nondescript Asia Hotel along Scotts Road ...


Frankly I did not have high hopes about the place ... drab hotel looks aside, the neon sign-board plastered on the hotel facade did not add to the feel-good factor about the place ...

But I was pleasantly surprised at how well the food turned out ... we had a bowl of soup each (gives that warm tingly feeling that makes you go "aaahhh ... hao he ...."), gao gei with red dates, steamed + baked fish ... very tender and succulent (coming from a non-fish lover...this was good!), fried noodles ... and the main highlight ... roasted suckling pig ... aw man, this was sooooo good!!!! ... crisp roasted skin with sweet sauce wrapped with thin slices of omelette .... this is one of their signature dishes (the other being a $58 bird's nest dessert) ... MUST TRY!

sorry folks, no pictures here ... didn't bring my cammie with me ...

Asia Grande gets a *thumbs up* from da donut ...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home